this page, and the campaign it follows, has been long abandoned. Other abandoned Dungeons & Dragons goodness may be found here
Dungeons & Dragons
Anne campaigne by St. Matty. Returne to the Maine Page.
|Kib thɘ Fiɘrs
|Brımſτ☼ŋe Suŋſlıŋger (R.I.P) |
|Cleric of Pelor |
|Ģarrσt “The Weaſel” Peter (left) |Human
|Gable “Thorn” Thorngage
|Valanthe Donnodel (left) |Elf
|Dire Weasel |
|(Dire) |NOT Greg
Thee Storie Thuſ Far
- The town of Duvik's Pass appears to have a plague, and all the miners are missing.
- Brimstone determined that the water in the well was wet.
- Thorn punched Garrot in the nuts for suggesting they "eat the halﬂing" for lunch.
- Episode 1
- Thorn noticed a trap, and stopped Kib from setting it oﬀ.
- Kib kicked open a door without equipping his shield or warning anyone in the party.
- Kib got shot in the groin with a crossbow bolt.
- Garrot and Thorn hid behind a table.
- Kib chopped a Kobold in half.
- Kib caught the burning plague.
- Brimstone smashed a Kobold's head in.
- Brimstone caught the burning plague.
- Epsiode 2
- Thorn picked a locked door.
- A ﬂour trap went oﬀ.
- Kib and Brimstone smashed three Kobolds to gooey bits.
- Garrot ﬁred his crossbow. No one knows where the bolt went.
- Thorn shot a Kobold from behind a barrel with his crossbow.
- Garrot annihilated the ﬁnal Kobold with his ﬁrst Magic Missile.
- A dire weasel leapt from the sacks near Garrot, and tore him a new one (-3hp).
- The party debated inviting the weasel into the party, to replace Garrot.
- Thorn baited the dire weasel while Kib and Brimstone beat it to death.
- Everyone else caught the burning plague.
- Brimstone stopped Garrot's bleeding.
- The group rested for a day in the (now clear) storage and dining rooms. Garrot recovered.
- Epsiode 3
- After much deliberation, Garrot and Thorn attempted to shoot the ﬁrst trap with their crossbows.
- A thunderstone went oﬀ. No one was aﬀected.
- Thorn and Garrot got the shakes from their fevers.
- Kib stepped on a trap, fell in a 10' pit, and broke the lantern. Thorn fell in with Kib. Garrot did a miraculous double backﬂip, avoiding the pit. Brimstone laughed.
- Kib helped everyone across and out of the pit.
- Some Kobolds started shooting at everyone from a 20' high ledge.
- Kib and Brimstone hide behind their shields and drew ﬁre.
- Garrot used Dancing Lights to dazzle and distract the kobolds.
- Garrot shot the back of Kib's shield with Thorn's crossbow.
- Thorn shot the back of Kib's shield with Garrot's crossbow.
- Kib abandoned his shield and shot three kobolds with his small bow.
- Garrot and Thorn picked oﬀ two kobolds with magic missiles and crossbow bolts.
- Kib and Brimstone scaled ropes to the shelf.
- Thorn tossed a pint of oil and a ﬂaming torch onto the shelf and burnt some kobolds.
- Kib climed onto the shelf and killed a burnt kobolds.
- Garrot freakishly ﬁred a crossbow 60 feet, over the lip of the shelf, at a dancing shadow and killed a kobold.
- Kib attacked and drew the ire of the lead kobold.
- Kib was shot several times and fell to the ﬂoor bleeding to death.
- Thorn scaled a rope and shot the lead kobold several times with a crossbow.
- Thorn and Brimstone ﬁnished oﬀ the lead kobold.
- Thorn discovered two helpless kobold children, and was restrained from killing them.
- The party rested for a night to recover.
- Episode 4
- Thorn got the shakes again.
- Thorn put the kobold children in the 10' pit with some food, to deal with later.
- The party discovered a cave full of putrid corpses.
- Kib waded into the corpses, and was set upon by four high level zombies.
- Kid destroyed a zombie, but was overcome by the remaining three.
- The rest of the party brought down another zombie with crossbows and melee attacks.
- Brimstone was overcome by the zombies, and left bleeding to death on the ﬂoor.
- The third zombie was brought down in melee, but Garrot was overcome and left for dead.
- Thorn defeated the third zombie.
- Despite facing certain death several times at the hands of the ﬁnal zombie, Thorn miraculously survived with 1hp.
- Just as miraculously, Thorn dealt a critical blow, ﬁnishing oﬀ the last zombie.
- Thorn dragged the other three from the cave, their bleeding was staunched, and they rested for another night to recover.
- Episode 5
- Next morning everyone got the shakes from their fevers, except Garrot who was still at -1hp.
- Brimstone tended to everyone. Garrot recovered enough to stand.
- A voice rang out in the darkness.
- Thorn discovered a female elf sitting on the edge of the pit terrifying the kobold children.
- He helped the elf across the pit and brought her to the rest of the party.
- Eventually they exchanged names.
- The elf, Valanthe (Val), gave Thorn one of her cure disease potions.
- Thorn tossed two lit torches into the charnel pit.
- The party retreated from the heat and stench, and rested until lunch.
- Episode 5½
- The party tentatively made their way back to and across the charnel-cum-ash pit.
- Beyond the pit, the party discovered a great open cave with a mound in the midst, with crude engravings all over it and a wellspring at its peak.
- A ring of darkness instantly sprung forth from the mound, and a horrible shout of primal rage echoed through the cave.
- Brimstone blessed Kib just before the darkness reached them.
- Kib copped a blow in the darkness.
- Garrot ran away.
- Val and Thorn tried to make their way quietly into the cavern by feel.
- Kib was paralysed, and hit by an instant bout of the burning plague.
- Brimstone lashed out with his mace and by chance struck the source of the darkness, sending it skittering across the cavern near Thorn.
- Kib and Brimstone were left facing a large angry orc.
- Thorn found the source of the darkness and stuﬀed it in his pocket.
- Kib's paralysis passed.
- The orc was overcome quite easily, all things considered.
- Thorn took its ears and tusks as trophies.
- Garrot came back to search the corpse for gold.
- Val read some of the engravings, which were in Orcish, and told the tale of the destruction of the Tornclaw clan and its lone survivor Jakk, and his vendetta against the town of Duvik's Pass.
- Thorn checked on the object in his pocket, which was no longer radiating darkness. It turned out to be a precious blue sapphire, worth somewhere in the realm of 1,300 gp.
- Kib, wandering alone in the darkness, "discovered" the Kobolds and killed them without realising they were defenseless children.
- Garrot realised he had half again as many hit points as he thought, and could cast more spells per day than he had been.
- No one hit Garrot.
- Throughout their adventures, all the members of the party gained much experience, and achieved the second level.
- Chapter 2, Episode 1
- The party, less The Weaſel (who couldn't be found, possibly for want of searching), headed south.
- Somehow they lost the main path and wound up in a dry watercourse.
- At one point they noticed a path winding east into a rocky valley from the river bed.
- At the end of the valley path they discovered a pair of ancient wooden doors in a cliﬀ face.
- Thorn snuck between the doors and found himself face to face with a goblin.
- Thorn ran away screaming.
- Kib shouldered the door open somewhat, and was struck by a goblin.
- Kib chopped the goblin's head oﬀ.
- Beyond the doors the party discovered four more goblins.
- Val waved her quarterstaﬀ around menacingly but ineﬀectually.
- Thorn shot a goblin with his short bow twice, and it mysteriously exploded in a small shower of meaty chunks. Its coinpurse landed unnaturally on the ﬂoor.
- Kib beheaded a second goblin.
- Kib moved deeper into the chamber and chopped a goblin in half laterally, just below the armpits. Its arms were severed from its body, and its heart was later discovered lodged on the blade of Kib's bastard sword.
- Brimstone struck a goblin with his mace with such force that its crumpled corpse ﬂew across the room.
- Moving too deep into the space, Kib discovered two more goblins as they attacked him from the yard-high ledges lining the chamber.
- Kib hewed the legs from under the nearest goblin.
- Val leapt onto the other ledge and struck the seventh goblin with her quarterstaﬀ.
- Thorn shot the distracted goblin through the heart with his short bow.
- The party gathered some gold pieces from the remains of the goblins.
- Illuminated by Val's dancing lights, they made their way down a spiral staircase they discovered at the far end of the chamber.
- Episode 2
- At the bottom of the staircase, Thorn snuck out and surveilled a natural courtyard vale surrounded by cliﬀs.
- He noted two large hobgoblins guarding a bridge across a moat before a door in a masoned wall in the cliﬀ.
- The party formed an oﬀensive formation and stepped into the sunlight.
- The two hobgoblins charged at Val.
- Val struck one with a magic missile, and Kib ﬁnished it oﬀ with his sword.
- The other regained its composure and regrouped to the bridge.
- At the hobgoblin's command, three hidden goblins emerged and attacked the party, focusing their rage on Val.
- Brimstone clubbed one with his mace and its head was crushed into its shoulders.
- At Thorn's suggestion, Val ran back up the stairs out of sight.
- The two remaining goblins were dispatched in melee around the opening at the bottom of the stairs.
- Simultaneously Thorn and Brimstone noticed two goblins in reserve in the far corners of the vale, who threw their javelins wildly and charged the battle.
- One crossed the bridge and was killed.
- Kib advanced to the bridge and held the near side.
- A hitherto hidden goblin hurled its javelin at Kib from behind, missed, and was cornered by Brimstone.
- Val returned from hiding in the stair well.
- Thorn shot the remaining hobgoblin on the bridge through the eye with his bow.
- The goblin on the bridge turned and ﬂed towards a locked door in the far wall.
- Kib impaled the ﬂeeing goblin against the door.
- Val waved her quarterstaﬀ at the goblin cornered by Brimstone.
- Simultaneously Brimstone crushed the goblin's head as Thorn shot it clean through the chest.
- The party gathered some more gold pieces from the goblin corpses.
- Thorn studied the locked door from a prudent distance, noting the portcullis above it seemingly only held up by rust.
- Everyone considered resting for afternoon tea.
- Episode 3 — The Slaughter
- Val slipped back up the stairs while everyone was resting.
- With Kib's help, Thorn leapt up and took hold of the portcullis, shaking it loose and bringing it down.
- Brimstone smashed the rusty portcullis with his mace, then hammered the door most of the way in.
- Kib kicked the door in the rest of the way.
- Thorn scouted the inside, and found a room hidden behind a panel activated by a hidden switch.
- In the hidden room was a locked chest.
- Thorn picked the lock and opened it.
- Brimstone took a red ring from inside.
- Thorn peeked around a corner and saw an ambush of goblins, hobgoblins, and a large ugly bear-like creature waiting for them.
- Brimstone distracted the ambush with his obviously elven blood, while Thorn ﬁred an arrow at a small brazier hung beneath a high crossing walkway.
- The arrow shattered the brazier, scattering burning oil over two hobgoblins and a wooden barrel.
- Kib charged the goblins and hobgoblins under the walkway, and lay about with his sword.
- The barrel, which apparently held the spare oil for the brazier, exploded. One hobgoblin was killed, Kib and another were burned and stunned, and a goblin on the walkway was knocked unconscious by the blast.
- Kib and Brimstone slaughtered many goblins and hobgoblins in mêlée, while Thorn shot them with his bow.
- Kib ran up the stairs onto the walkway, charging the stunned goblin and knocking it down.
- It fell from the walkway and broke its neck.
- When all the goblins and hobgoblins were dead, the large bear-like creature charged for the isolated Brimstone.
- Kib saw the attack, drew his bow, and loosed a single arrow which ﬂew sixty feet and skewered the bugbear through the eye, killing it instantly.
- Everyone was astounded, especially Kib.
- Kib and Thorn found a room at the end of the upper walkway, full of broken statues and a single goblin.
- Kib slew the goblin.
- The party discovered, around a corner along the main concourse, a room stocked with food supplies and containing a single table.
- Thorn discovered a secret door in one corner of the room.
- Behind the door was a rough tunnel which wound downwards until it was submerged in some liquid.
- Brimstone dropped a coin in the liquid, and it dissolved.
- The party returned to the room and barred the door with the table, assuming nothing would come up from the acid, and rested.
- Episode 4
- After a few hours' rest the party unbarred the door and, by torchlight, continued along the main concourse.
- ... which ended abruptly after a few yards, with a pit.
- Thorn noticed a worn symbol engraved in the ﬂoor, like a crescent-moon with a stroke through it: C
- Looking where it pointed, he discovered a small 1 foot square recess in the wall, nine feet up.
- Standing on Kib's shoulders, he discovered a lever, and pulled it.
- A large metal gangplank suspended on four chains crashed to the ﬂoor, bridging the pit.
- One of the chains was broken, and coiled into the pit. It dissolved.
- The party crossed the pit.
- At a corner of the main concourse Thorn spotted yet another hidden door, leading to a small room containing a winch.
- The party used the winch to raise the gangplank up several yards.
- The party continued around the corner, and found themselves walking down a relatively narrow ramp which spiraled around the inner edge of a large square cavern.
- At the ﬁrst turning Thorn inspected a broken statue, and a pillar which appeared to once have been some sort of brazier.
- At the second turning Kib kicked a statue.
- It lunged, hammering him with its horns.
- Thorn ran back up the ramp a short way and proceded to ﬁre arrows at the walls.
- Kib and Thorn killed the gargoyle.
- Kib heaved the stony corpse from the ramp.
- It splashed very loudly.
- Noticing another statue at the next turning, Thorn shot another arrow, striking the statue perfectly and knicking a small chip oﬀ it.
- After the three turns, the party saw a dark passage just beyond the torchlight.
- Thorn sneaked down the the passageway, and a large snake-like creature with four tentacles around a squid-like beak leapt out at him.
- He screamed, and ran back past the other two.
- Brimstone swung at the snake-like creature with his mace, and missed.
- Kib beheaded it on the second swing.
- Thorn wanted to take the head as a hat. Brimstone wanted to take it as a mace cover.
- With the way cleared, the party followed the passage to a closed door.
- Kib kicked it open.
- The ogre on the other side charged at the party, knocking Kib to the ﬂoor with three swings of its great club.
- Brimstone faced the ogre with his mace, dealing it several hardy blows.
- Brimstone was struck once, and knocked to his knees.
- He rose again, bleeding, and swung at the ogre.
- He was struck again, and fell to the ﬂoor.
- Thorn lunched at the ogre with his dagger.
- Having taken damage in mêlée from all three party members, and knocking the strongest two down, the ogre was eventually killed by speed and cunning, and a small dagger.
- Thorn reached for Brimstone, taking hold of the pack on his shoulder, when he was suddenly overcome with a dread terror.
- He grabbed Kib by the ankle and dragged the pair back through the doorway and up the ramp as fast as he could.
- The terror faded, and the door slammed shut, and Thorn realised that another creature had been present in the room with them.
- He also realised that, while he had dragged Kib from the room, he had only managed to bring Brimstone's pack.
- Riﬂing through the pack, he found some potions Val had left behind.
- Using a healing potion, he resuscitated Kib, and the two headed back towards the door.
- Again, Kib kicked the doors in.
- The pair saw a small demon in the room, leaning over Brimstone.
- It scratched Thorn.
- Kib slashed the demon with such force that its upper half was thrown against the far wall, and its lower half was sent ﬂying over the corpse of the ogre.
- Brimstone was dead.
Toolſ (Notte the Playerſ)